Interested in Hosting Students?
Why become a host family?
Welcoming a student from a different country and culture into your home is an unforgettable and exciting experience. By sharing your home and offering guidance, your family becomes an important part of the international student’s life. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
Is there an out of pocket expense for families?
While hosting an international student, a fixed monthly stipend will be provided to the homestay to cover expenses.
This sounds awesome! What’s the next step?
To get more specifics, and determine if the NBISP program is the right fit for you and your family, please fill out this information form and someone from our team will be in touch.
Ready to apply? See below!
Becoming a Host Family
- Attend community events
- Share our culture
- Participate in family events
- Show them our beautiful province
- Include them in everyday family events
- Provide a private bedroom
- Provide access to internet
- Provide three nutritious meals daily
- Have access to school bus route or public transportation
- Local Homestay Coordinators
- District & School Staff
- Atlantic Education International Staff
- Other Host Families
- and more.